Researcher / Project Manager - Be part of a disruptive project, enjoy learning and have an impact on society.
Do you want to work in a pioneering company in its sector, with an impact on society and relevant clients at a global level? Are you looking to boost your growth, through an innovative methodology and far-reaching projects while developing your academic skills?
Then Eticasis for you!
We work at the intersection of technology and society, mobilising multi-disciplinary tools and methodologies to address how data impacts on society and vice-versa. We are engaged in international high-level research and development (R+D) projects funded by the European Commission (H2020, Horizon Europe) and others. Our contribution focuses on identifying risks in data and innovation projects, establishing the legal framework and designing conceptual and technical mitigation measures (including Privacy by Design measures). We aim to shape how technology is designed and implemented and establish best practices for responsible innovation and social impact. We work with an interdisciplinary team of researchers and practitioners that are at the forefront of combining socio-technical tools and solutions, and share a passion to engage in meaningful research that impacts society in specific ways.
We have the opportunity to implement innovative methodologies and to generate knowledge in order to make a change in the tech world, with a competitive salary for this field of work.
Our mission, as pioneers in identifying and correcting algorithmic vulnerabilities and retraining AI-powered technology, is to establish algorithmic auditing as a global standard and practice. Our methodology addresses and mitigates bias, fairness and efficiency issues in AI systems to promote their use and improve algorithmic outcomes, turning responsible AI into a competitive advantage.
We seek to enhance our impact on society, promoting awareness of a necessary innovation for a fairer and responsible future!
Do you want to participate? Then keep reading! 👇
What will your contributions be?
Your mission: Along with your colleagues, you will ensure the scientific quality of socio-technical research projects (combining math, statistics, data protection, algorithmic auditing, security, etc.), where we focus on the social impact of AI.
Multidisciplinary projects management: You will be in charge of leading projects and connect with people in all directions.
- Execute projects timely and with the highest standards.
- Ensure the quality of our work (content and quality control).
- Design and conduct/coordinate field work, depending on the project (surveys, interviews, focus groups).
Researcher: Eticas is already a reference with a high success rate in EC-funded R&D projects, but we want to boost our profile and reach out to new partnerships. You will enjoy studying and doing research with this goal in mind!
- Design of strategic research.
- Preparation and publication of reports.
- Planning of external collaboration needs.
Research dissemination: Of course, as part of your role in Eticas, you will also take part in:
- Dissemination and transfer of your research results.
- Liaison with Communications for scientific dissemination.
What benefits can Eticas bring to you?
- 🚩 Pioneer: We are pioneers of the sector in the world, so our day-to-day is never a routine. We embrace the challenge of learning everyday how to improve in our roles and how to add value to others!
- 👨👩👦👦 Teammates: We work as a community, learning together from an emerging business. You will always count on us! We are a diverse team in technical and management profiles, we learn from the motivation and knowledge of the team everyday. We really care about what we do, because we want to have an impact on society through our work.
- 🔨 Time and location flexibility: We are based in Barcelona, but you can work from anywhere you want - within Spain or EU zone. Also we work flexible hours, so feel free to set your own schedule.
- 🌍 Real social impact on society: At Eticas we want to positively impact the world through our methodology. This will make you feel that you work in a company that wants to generate a global change, in pursuit of justice and responsibility.
- 🥇 Self-organization: We believe in the independence in carrying out our tasks. We pursue our goals and insist on high standards.
- 🤲 Equal Opportunity Employer: We encourage and embrace diverse backgrounds, because we understand the value of diversity to increase our value as a company.
How will your first months at Eticas be?
- First Month 📆: In your first month you will analyse and understand the company flow and the impact of our work in the ecosystem. You will also be working with Martín and Emma to embrace our methodology concerning european projects and audit, while leading your projects.
- First quarter 🌱: During your first months, we will introduce to you all our projects, making sure you understand all the strategies and methodologies followed until now, you will show autonomy on your ramp-up in Eticas, by having a greater absorption capacity for new projects.
- To the moon 🚀: You will be a key piece in landing the strategy of Eticas and boosting our impact in Europe, challenging our methodology, working along with multidisciplinary partners and looking out for innovation in the social impact we can make. We will count on you to work with a strong team and life-long learning spirit!
What will make you succeed with us?
- +3 years experience in sociotechnical research (domain of technical, social and legal fields): As we grow as a company, we also need to perform a professionalization and industrialization of every methodology we validate at Eticas to assure a deep and strong impact on AI fairness & efficiency.
- Experience in research coordination: You will lead several projects, and so we expect you to understand the priorities of our innovation in Eticas, to boost our impact!
- Experience managing European projects (European R&D, European Commission): Our core business involves a leadership role in European programs, such as Horizon 2020 or FP7. That’s why we need you to be familiar with the dynamics and requirements of Horizon Europe.
- Dissemination & outreach capacity of scientific results: We want you to communicate the results of your own work and projects, and you will be guided to do so by our communications area.
- Teamspirit & openness: At Eticas we are scaling as a team, and it’s important to share knowledge and work together to assure efficiency and real impact.
- Be proactive & take ownership: We will need you to look for the tasks and not for them to look for you. Once you know your role, we expect from you to make it your own and add value on a daily basis.
- Be passionate about the Social Impact of Technology: We expect from you to think strategically on our innovation and methodology, and so we need you to be aware of the latest research, be both passionate and critical about data and AI, as well as being able to breach the gap between Social Sciences and Engineering.
We would also appreciate if…
- You have knowledge in security certifications
- You have a Privacy Concern: you challenge Data Laws and you are concerned about the importance of Data (Privacy by Design).
- You have experience in Data Protection and AI regulations.
- You’ve worked with qualitative analysis software before (Atlas PTI, SPSS)
- You are familiar with quantitative analysis tools (for audit projects)
- You’ve worked in consultancy
- You have experience in global ethics and technology networks
- You live in Barcelona (Spain)
With whom will you carry out these contributions?
Do you want to know who will be your future partner in this mission? No problem!
We introduce you to Gemma who will be your CEO in Eticas. Gemma has an important social conscience, which is reflected in the foundation's activism. This feeling is what motivated her to create Eticas, and that is why she has high quality standards. She can help you with everything you need and more. Don't be afraid to contact her if you have any questions!
If after everything we have explained, you think you are the best candidate... DO NOT HESITATE!
Apply in this offer and live the experience with ETICAS!