Head of Advocacy and Impact - Be part of a disruptive project, enjoy learning and have impact on society.
We believe that there is space for better tech. Tech that is aware of its impact and the power imbalances that permeate our societies. Tech that can bring transparency and accountability instead of “black boxes” of secret algorithms.
Do you believe that the best tech is yet to come, and would like to contribute to making it happen?
Then Eticas Foundation is for you!
In the last few years we have teamed up with labour unions to explore the future of work, with schools to bring light into how EdTech is impacting on children and education, with fundamental rights organisations to investigate how technology and biometrics is impacting on migration, borders and identity. We have also worked with sister organisations we admire, such as the EFF, Tactical Tech or OSF to look at data and politics, policing or corporate practices.
We seek to enhance our impact on society, promoting awareness and innovation for a fair and responsible future. Check how we do it!
Do you want to participate? Then keep reading! 👇
What will your contributions be?
Your mission: Implement the foundation's strategy, feed existing projects and search for new ones and last, -but not least -, give visibility to Eticas foundation, together with Communications.
Strategy Implementation & Fundraising: You will be in charge of implementing the strategy of Eticas foundation, together with our CEO, Gemma, who is also the Head of Foundation
- Design and implementation of the Foundation's strategy (actors, opportunity, needs, expected outcomes, gaps)
- Support in fundraising and relationship with donors
Advocacy, Special Projects & Research: You will be key in making our projects succeed! We have different action lines and are looking for a proficient project manager who can plan resources, motivate teams, define milestones and ensure quality and performance.
- Manage special projects (strategic litigation, Civic Tech Hub, Bad Data, OASI, etc.) and design new ones
- Create and implement policy & advocacy campaigns and projects (design proposals and get them to the public and policy agenda)
Impact & Community : Eticas is a pioneer organisation working on the ethics of algorithms and AI, so we will need you to make the world know about it!
- Create and manage an ecosystem of regular contributors
- Generate relationships with similar organizations, to position the foundation
- Organize content that already exists in the Foundation and create new content.
- Support to the Communication team in the visibility of the foundation
- Team & Processes: you will create a high performance and motivated team inside the foundation, aligned to the standards created by our COO.
What benefits can Eticas bring to you?
- 🚩 Pioneer: We are pioneers of the sector in the world, so our day-to-day is never a routine. We embrace the challenge of learning everyday how to improve in our roles and how to add value to others!
- 👨👩👦👦 Teammates: We work as a community, learning together from an emerging business. You will always count on us! We are a diverse team in technical and management profiles, we learn from the motivation and knowledge of the team everyday. We really care about what we do, because we want to have an impact on society through our work.
- 🔨 Time and location flexibility: We are based in Barcelona, but you can work from anywhere you want - within Spain or EU zone. Also we work flexible hours, so feel free to set your own schedule.
- 🌍 Real social impact on society: At Eticas we want to positively impact the world through our methodology. This will make you feel that you work in a company that wants to generate a global change, in pursuit of justice and responsibility.
- 🥇 Self-organization: We believe in the independence in carrying out our tasks. We pursue our goals and insist on high standards.
- 🤲 Equal Opportunity Employer: We encourage and embrace diverse backgrounds, because we understand the value of diversity to increase our value as a company.
How will your first months at Eticas be?
- First Month 📆: In your first month you will analyse and understand the company flow and the impact of our work in the ecosystem. You will also be working on your own, being autonomous in the creation of the team processes and standardization of the existing methodology.
- First quarter 🌱: During your first months, we will introduce to you all our projects, making sure you understand all the strategies and methodologies followed until now, you will start meeting the team, having one on ones with them, understanding their roles and contributions, and you will start collecting all the info you need to start leading different projects and processes for the team.
- To the moon 🚀: You will be a key piece in landing the strategy of Eticas foundation and boosting our impact in Europe, being in charge of the foundation projects and challenging the messages we send to the community. We will count on you to guide our foundation through an emerging sector and break any mental boundaries on this matter!
What will make you succeed with us?
- +3 years experience in Advocacy: We want you to breach the gap between common knowledge and the topics that we talk about! Make an impact to win any project we pursue and be a reference on Ethics!
- +5 years experience in research: Beyond academic experience, we will need you to understand how end-to-end research projects work and be able to manage any project the foundation wins (including the ones you also fight to win!)
- Be proactive & take ownership: We will need you to look for the tasks and not for them to look for you. Once you know your role, we expect from you to make it your own and add value on a daily basis.
- Be passionate about the Social Impact of Technology: We need you to be aware of the latest research in algorithmic ethics, be both passionate and critical about the social impact of data and AI!
We would also appreciate if…
- You have experience in people management & communication
- You’ve worked in non-profit organizations
- You have experience in fundraising
- You have a Privacy & Ethics Concern: you challenge Data Laws and you are concerned about the importance of Data.
- You live in Barcelona (Spain)
With whom will you carry out these contributions?
Do you want to know who will be your future partner in this mission? No problem!
We introduce you to Gemma who will be your leader in Eticas. Gemma has an important social conscience, which is reflected in the foundation's activism. This feeling is what motivated her to create Eticas, and that is why she has high quality standards. She can help you with everything you need and more. Don't be afraid to contact her if you have any questions!
We would also like you to meet your partners who work at the foundation (Nour Salih & Carmen Domingo) and Communications & Marketing (Álvaro).
If after everything we have explained, you think you are the best candidate... DO NOT HESITATE!
Apply in this offer and live the experience with ETICAS!